Ready for a Software Application Developer Career at Zyris?
Zyris Software Developers, are not your run-of-the-mill coders. Our team not only expects quality code but we look to improve our craft with every new line. To you, your craft is more than a simple execution of commands. It’s about innovating how each system interacts with another. You’re not just ‘Ok’ with the status quo and your mission in life is to evolve your skills and innovate the solutions to the problems that you solve.
- Follow detailed requirements documents and execute projects in a reasonable and efficient timeline.
- Assist other team members including Jr. Software developers with solving software related problems.
- Collaborate with other team members under senior leadership to solve technical and software related problems.
- Provide input to solve complex problems through the use of logic and software.
- Debug and test existing software for QA and optimization related tasks.
- Self-direct skill improvement tasks.
- Committed to a continued career in software development.
- Knowledgeable and up to date with latest industry best practices.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a related position with at least one other employer.
- Experience and strong understanding of logic and logical processes to solve complex software related problems.
- Knowledge of common database technologies such as MySQL.
- Knowledge of test driven development methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks like PHPUnit.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to request clarification on unclear requests, communicate limitations, or request help when necessary.
- Ability to work self-directed tasks with good time management skills.
- Experience developing software applications.
- Good research skills including identifying when research is required, validating credible sources, and self-directing research related tasks.
- Minimum of 5 employment or academic related references.
- Experience developing software applications in a team environment.
- Up to 5 years of experience in the Software Development industry.
- A Degree, Diploma, or related experience in the field of Software Engineering
- Experience using project management and source control tools.
- A reference letter from a previous employer.
- A reference letter from previous technology related employer or instructor.